MORE BAD NEWS! US President
Donald Trump Jared Kushner has picked an economic advisor who believes in growing the nation’s economy by importing workers and consumers, and by expanding free-trade outsourcing, despite Trump’s “buy American, hire American” campaign promises.
Kevin Hassett is slated to become chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors if he is approved by the Senate’s banking committee. If Hassett is confirmed, that will be a win for the corporatist, business-first faction in Trump’s White House, which fights for influence in the Oval Office against the populist, America-first faction that helped Trump win the election in November.
The Axios news site used three bullet points to describe what the views held by Hassett, formerly an economist at the American Enterprise Institute.
China: Hassett warned in 2010 that bashing China-U.S. trade policy would bring the U.S. back to the downward spiral in the 1930s.
Globalization: “An absolute prerequisite for long-term economic growth is full participation in the global economy and trading system.”
Immigrant workers: [E]conomic growth could expand significantly if immigration in the U.S. were expanded.”
- Mike Pence Vows to Bring 1250 Illegal Migrants from Australia to America
- Steve King threatens to Sue Trump over Giving Amnesty to Illegal Aliens
- Trump Approves Amnesty For All Illegal Aliens
- Trump No Longer Wants to Build the Wall: Reince Priebus
- Ivanka Trump appoints more Bush-Era Globalists in White House