Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) quickly declared victory on Friday, praising conservatives for “standing up against ObamaCare Lite.”
“I applaud House conservatives for keeping their word to the American people,” Paul said in a statement.
Republican leaders pulled their bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare on Friday afternoon, acknowledging that it was headed toward defeat.
Paul — who has been a top antagonist of the House bill — added that “I look forward to passing full repeal of ObamaCare in the very near future.”
Paul and other House conservatives have offered an alternative repeal bill that mirrors 2015 legislation cleared by Congress but vetoed by then-President Barack Obama.
- Mike Pence Vows to Bring 1250 Illegal Migrants from Australia to America
- Steve King threatens to Sue Trump over Giving Amnesty to Illegal Aliens
- Trump Approves Amnesty For All Illegal Aliens
- Trump No Longer Wants to Build the Wall: Reince Priebus
- Ivanka Trump appoints more Bush-Era Globalists in White House