Seven years ago this week Nancy Pelosi pushed Obamacare during her speech to the 2010 legislative conference of the National Association of Counties.
Pelosi told the group, “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”
“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.”
We all know how that turned out. You lost your doctor, your insurance plan at least once, and you premiums are exploding.
This week Minority Leader Pelosi wrote Speaker Ryan and demanded to know the full details of his healthcare bill.
Oh, the irony.
Via Vessel News:
“Dear Speaker Ryan,
This week, the Committees on Energy & Commerce and Ways & Means will be marking up Republicans’ long-feared bill to dismantle affordable health care. The GOP legislation will have life or death consequences for tens of millions of families across America, and extraordinary impacts on state and federal budgets long into the future.
The American people and Members have a right to know the full impact of this legislation before any vote in Committee or by the whole House.”
- Greenfield: The Civil War Is Here
- Paul Ryan Must Step Down as House Speaker: Judge Jeanine
- President Trump Was Lied to by Speaker Ryan - Rep. Gohmert
- Discussion About Replacement to Paul Ryan as House Speaker Heats Up
- Rand Paul cheers House conservatives for stopping RyanCare