Attorney General Sessions has asked 46 U.S. attorneys appointed by Obama to resign, the Department of Justice announced Friday.
The Hill reports:
U.S. attorneys are normally replaced at the beginning of new administrations. Of the 93 U.S. attorneys, 46 remain from the past administration, according to the Department of Justice (DOJ).
Sessions asked for the federal prosecutors to resign “in order to ensure a uniform transition,” DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said in a statement.
“As was the case in prior transitions, many of the United States Attorneys nominated by the previous administration already have left the Department of Justice,” the spokeswoman said.
The call for resignations applies to Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, the New York Times reported.
The move is a surprise, as Bharara reportedly met with Trump after the election and agreed to remain in his position during the Trump administration. Sessions also asked him to stay, the prosecutor told The New York Times.
Read the rest of the report here.
This is a great move by Sessions. Obama’s shadow government is doing everything they can to undermine President Trump. The quicker Trump and his administration remove all people who are loyal to Obama, the quicker they drain the swamp.
- Pressure Builds on Obama Over Trump Wiretapping Scandal
- Judicial Watch Sues CIA, DOJ and Treasury over Mike Flynn Leaks
- Trump Issues New Ban on Travelers from Six Terror States
- White House Orders Investigation of Illegal Trump Wiretapping by Obama Administration
- Its official, Obama DID SPY on Trump! Paul Ryan, Obama admin sources Confirm