President Trump told reporters on Friday he is considering signing a “brand new order” on immigration as his original executive order faces legal trouble.
The comments, made aboard Air Force One, come after the administration signaled it would not ask the Supreme Court to review an appeals court decision that keeps the travel ban frozen.
“We also have a lot of other options, including just filing a brand new order,” Trump said, according to pool reports.
Asked if his intention is to issue a new executive order, Trump said, “It very well could be. We need speed for reasons of security, so it very well could be.”
Trump dropped a similar hint earlier in the day.
“We’ll be doing something very rapidly having to do with additional security for our country,” Trump said during a joint press conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. “You’ll be seeing that sometime next week.”
- Mike Pence Vows to Bring 1250 Illegal Migrants from Australia to America
- Steve King threatens to Sue Trump over Giving Amnesty to Illegal Aliens
- Trump Approves Amnesty For All Illegal Aliens
- Trump No Longer Wants to Build the Wall: Reince Priebus
- Ivanka Trump appoints more Bush-Era Globalists in White House