Liberal protesters became enraged when a Louisiana town hall with Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy opened with a prayer earlier this week, screaming at the chaplain as he tried to lead the crowd in prayer.
The protesters, who were there with a local chapter of anti-Trump group Indivisible, can be heard groaning and shouting as the chaplain says, “In God we trust.” One man can be heard saying, “Pray on your own time!” Others shouted incredulously, “Prayer? Prayer?”
Video of the event, first reported by The Washington Free Beacon, reveals one woman shouting the name “Lucifer” while the chaplain invokes God’s name. Other, non-protesting attendees can be heard trying to shush the protesters.
Protesters can be heard shouting about “separation of church and state” throughout the prayer. They became especially furious when the chaplain closed the prayer “in Jesus’s name.”
The protesters then repeated their stunt during the Pledge of Allegiance, booing and heckling throughout.
- Scientists reveal MILK as being Racist and Trump is to Blame
- Donna Brazile Admits CNN Collusion, Forwarded Town Hall Questions to Hillary
- Total War breaks up between GOP Senators, John McCain Says Rand Paul is Working for Putin
- Republicans release Obamacare replacement bill
- Former CIA director John Brennan may be the Leaker