The Daily Caller reported late on Tuesday night that Obama’s Department of Homeland Security tried to hack into Indiana’s electoral system thousands of times over the course of a month and a half.
From The Daily Caller:
Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson, the incoming president of the association, told TheDCNF Tuesday that, “we know that between November 1 and December 16 we were scanned with about 14,800 scans, nearly 15,000 different times.”
The state’s IT team traced the intruder to a DHS computer’s IP address. The same DHS unit attempted 10 times in 2016 to hack into the Georgia electoral system.
Federal officials are barred under DHS rules from trying to penetrate a state system without the express approval of the state. Neither Georgia nor Indiana approved the DHS scanning attempts.
This comes only weeks after it was revealed that Obama’s DHS also attempted to hack into the State of Georgia’s election system.
- Provision to Crack Down on Illegal Aliens Removed from Trump's Healthcare
- 48 Hours After Obama Visit to Hawaii, Judge Rules Against Refugee Ban
- US Debt Decreased by $68 Billion Since Trump Inauguration
- Pressure Builds on Obama Over Trump Wiretapping Scandal
- Germany Taking WikiLeaks Information on CIA Surveillance "Very Seriously"