The far-right PVV of Geert Wilders leads in the polls as next month’s Dutch election looms.
Wilders is using Trump tactics and praising Brexit in an attempt to cash in on the wave of populism dominating the political landscape.
The PVV is on course to win 30 seats in the 150 seat parliament if the pollsters are correct; however most of the 28 other parties running say they will not go into coalition with Wilders.
In a rare interview he set out his vision:“We want to make the Netherlands ours again, to close the borders and keep all the money we give to foreigners, it’s billions, to Africa for development, to Brussels, to Greece, to asylum seekers in the Netherlands. We will stop it and give all that money to the Dutch people living in the Netherlands.”
The controversial right-wing Wilders said if the other parties deny him power after an election victory he will expect the electorate to rise up “You can’t just ignore the will of 2.5 million people,” he said.
- Trump IS an anti-Semite when he says the media he refers to us, Jews
- Trump's "Terrorism last night in Sweden", Who is right, the Media or Trump?
- Trump Destroys ISIS Command And Control HQ in Mosul, Iraq
- Rand Paul Blasts John McCain for Trump criticism
- Obama's Activist Group Issued “Training Manual” For Opposing President Trump