A 41-year-old man had been detained on suspicion of murder, after he is believed to have set fire to his wife on a street in the northern town of Kiel on Wednesday.
“We think it’s clear in this case that malevolence and brutality, both requisites for a murder charge, exist,” said state prosecutor Axel Bieler on Thursday.
Ambulance crews took the severely burned woman to hospital on Wednesday morning after pedestrians found her on a street on the outskirts of Kiel. She was taken to a specialist clinic shortly afterwards, but later died from her injuries.
- 50,000 Antifa Plan to Violently Block AfD congress, Germany imposes No-Fly Zone
- Iraqi arrested in connection with Dortmund bus attack led ISIS unit
- Heinrich Himmler's letter to Palestinian Arab leader discovered
- Somali Asylum Seeker Kills Woman, Rapes 2 Disabled Elderly Men in Germany
- Libyan Human Smugglers Colluding with EU Charities