Hillary Clinton is up 6 points on Donald Trump in the latest Reuters-Ipsos poll.
She leads Donald Trump 45-39.
But, once again, the sampling data tells a different story.
Here are the numbers:
1228 – Dem –45%
934 – Rep –34%
329 – Ind –12%
Independents make up 43% of the population in a 2015 Gallup poll.
And Republicans were (as usual) under-sampled in the poll.
So the pollsters oversampled Democrats by 11 points to give Hillary a 6 point lead.
They got the result they wanted – a big Hillary lead.
- Trump to Name Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State
- Trump blasts "Fakes News CNN", denies future Celebrity Apprentice shows
- Obama Defends Islam, Slams Americans and Calls on Army to Oppose Trump
- Trump's Stock Market Rally Is Historic, Has Never Occurred in 110 Years
- Apple Supplier Foxconn in Discussions to Expand to US