French police are conducting a special search operation after an armed man entered a retirement home in Montferrier-sur-Lez, located in France’s southern Herault department in Occitanie, BFMTV reports.
According to AFP, a men armed with a knife and a shotgun bursted into a retirement home for monks on Thursday night. The attacker reportedly tied a security guard before enetring the house.
At least one person have been killed in the attack, according to reports. Le Figaro said that the deceased person was a female guard at the retirement home.
The Daily Mail reported that two persons were killed in the attack.
The French special forces have arrived at the scene. The motives of the attacker remain unknown.
Some 70 pensioners monks live in a nursing home who had previously worked in various missions in Africa.
- 6 hostages released after Paris siege
- Marine Le Pen Takes Over Rival In New French Presidential Election Poll
- Sarkozy eliminated, only Le Pen left running as a patriot in France
- Peruvians riot TPP & Obama visit, clash with police, dozens arrested
- Italian Police Arrests 80yo Hotel Owner for Refusing to House Migrants