French police are conducting a special search operation after an armed man entered a retirement home in Montferrier-sur-Lez, located in France’s southern Herault department in Occitanie, BFMTV reports.
According to AFP, a men armed with a knife and a shotgun bursted into a retirement home for monks on Thursday night. The attacker reportedly tied a security guard before enetring the house.
At least one person have been killed in the attack, according to reports. Le Figaro said that the deceased person was a female guard at the retirement home.
The Daily Mail reported that two persons were killed in the attack.
The French special forces have arrived at the scene. The motives of the attacker remain unknown.
Some 70 pensioners monks live in a nursing home who had previously worked in various missions in Africa.
- French Presidential Race: Marine Le Pen Far Ahead of Rivals in Secret Polling
- Le Pen Niece to Erdogan: Turks Belong in Turkey
- Muslim shot dead after trying to Steal Weapon from Soldier at Paris Orly Airport
- Marine Le Pen's Perfect Storm
- Marine Le Pen tells Reporter the Media is Fake News