The Defcon Warning System, a private organisation which monitors world events and estimates the nuclear threat against America, is now at Level 5 – its lowest possible state.
Just weeks ago the warning was accelerated to Level 3 following increased tensions between US and Russia, with insiders fearing the West was creeping closer to nuclear war.
Level 3 means US troops could be mobilised in as little as 15 minutes.
But the group, made up of experts claiming to have contacts within the US security industry, have seen Donald Trump’s election win as a pacifier for Russian relations.
The group wrote on its website: “The United States took a tentative step toward a more isolationist policy with its recent presidential election.
- Judge blocks Trump 'sanctuary city' funding threat order
- Holy Cow! Trump CANCELS Mexico Wall
- Trump flip flops again, says he will NOT repeal NAFTA anymore
- America must open its borders to Syrian refugees: Trump
- Turkish Jets Bomb US-Backed Troops in Iraq and Syria