Donald Trump on Saturday attacked Hillary Clinton‘s effort to walk back her her “basket of deplorables” remark, saying that it revealed her “bigotry” and proved that she is unfit to be president.
In a statement given to Bloomberg on Saturday, Trump said Clinton’s attempt to partially walk back the remark was disgraceful.
“Isn’t it disgraceful that Hillary Clinton makes the worst mistake of the political season and instead of owning up to this grotesque attack on American voters, she tries to turn it around with a pathetic rehash of the words and insults she used in her failing campaign?” he said in a statement.
After facing a wave of controversy for saying half of Trump’s supporters fall into a “basket of deplorables” at a Friday night fundraiser, Clinton said she regrets using that term to describe half of Trump’s backers, while standing by her characterization of many aspects of Trump’s campaign.
- TIME Mag Names Donald Trump "Person of the Year" in Vicious Hit Piece
- Court Stops Michigan Recount, Turns Out the Lights on Hillary Election Steal
- ISIS declares WAR on Trump's inauguration day calling it 'Bloody Friday'
- Trump Up By 70,000 Votes in Wisconsin Recount So Far
- Obama Appointed Liberal Judge Orders Hand Recount in Michigan