China’s leaders snubbed Barack Obama during his last trip to Asia on Saturday.
The authorities refused to provide a staircase to Air Force one and forced him to exit from the “ass” of the plane.
The Guardian reported:
China’s leaders have been accused of delivering a calculated diplomatic snub to Barack Obama after the US president was not provided with a staircase to leave his plane during his chaotic arrival in Hangzhou before the start of the G20.
Chinese authorities have rolled out the red carpet for leaders including India’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, the South Korean president, Park Geun-hye, Brazil’s president, Michel Temer, and the British prime minister, Theresa May, who touched down on Sunday morning.
But the leader of the world’s largest economy, who is on his final tour of Asia, was forced to disembark from Air Force One through a little-used exit in the plane’s belly after no rolling staircase was provided when he landed in the eastern Chinese city on Saturday afternoon.
When Obama did find his way on to a red carpet on the tarmac below there were heated altercations between US and Chinese officials, with one Chinese official caught on video shouting: “This is our country! This is our airport!”
“The reception that President Obama and his staff got when they arrived here Saturday afternoon was bruising, even by Chinese standards,” the New York Times reported.
- Does Anyone Still Believe That Trump Will Fulfill His Election Promises?
- Opposite of draining the swamp: Watchdogs hit Trump for secret White House visitor log
- New Korean War may break out at any moment: Chinese FM
- Donald Trump Picks Pro-Immigration, Pro-Outsourcing Top Economic Adviser
- Obama IRS Officials Admit to Inappropriately Targeting Conservative Groups