Wikileaks founder Julian Assange held an hourlong Facebook interview with The New York Times today.
Assange accused the “liberal press” of “erecting a demon” by not covering Hillary Clinton’s record of corruption and failure.
The Washington Times reported:
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on Wednesday accused “the American liberal press” of “erecting a demon” by shielding Hillary Clinton from criticism.
Mr. Assange took part in an hourlong interview with The New York Times on Facebook Live to discuss his role in influencing the 2016 presidential election. He told journalist Jo Becker from the Ecuadorean embassy in London — where he has evaded extradition to Sweden for five years — that reporters were doing the nation a disservice by not properly covering Mrs. Clinton’s record.
“The American liberal press, in falling over themselves to defend Hillary Clinton, are erecting a demon that is going to put nooses around everyone’s necks as soon as she wins the election, which is almost certainly what she’s going to do,” Mr. Assange said.
The newspaper pushed Mr. Assange on his own potential biases, to which he replied that WikiLeaks‘ “enormous range” is not highlighted in the news. He said that his organization has exposed high-level corruption in numerous countries via the release of 10 million documents, including money-laundering schemes and the “oil-money mill” in Russia.
- Trump to Invite Alternative Media, Bloggers at Press Conferences
- Facebook's aim to combat fake news with fact checkers & ‘untrustworthy’ shame label trial
- Leftist Crazies Calls for Mass Riots, Opposes Peaceful Trump Transition
- Fake Media to retire ‘fake news’ label after conservatives fire back
- MSM biased in favor of Clinton, now blindly supports ‘Russian hack’ reports