Green Party candidate Jill Stein on Friday called for a new inquiry into the 9/11 terror attacks, saying that the commission that conducted the initial investigation was stonewalled by the Bush administration.
“Led by the families of those who died on 9/11, the American people wanted — and deserved — a comprehensive and independent inquiry into the attacks,” Stein said in a statement, according to MSNBC.
“The Bush Administration initially said an inquiry was unnecessary, claiming that the perpetrators had been identified and their methods and motives were clear.”
Stein described the 9/11 Commission report as containing many “omissions and distortions.”
“The 9/11 Commission was not given enough money, time, or access to relevant classified information,” Stein said. “The Stein/Baraka campaign believes a new inquiry is necessary.”
- Jill Stein On Fire: "Crooked Corporate Democrats! Waste of Votes! Traitors! Monsters!"
- JILL STEIN: DON'T VOTE FOR HILLARY! SHE WILL START A NUCLEAR WAR!
- Bill Clinton "Ambushed and Intimidated" Loretta Lynch on Hillary's FBI investigation
- Only 29% of US Voters Now Trust Mainstream Media Fact-Checkers
- Bernie Sanders Loses Support, Only 150 Show Up At His Rallies Now