The meme universe has struck back against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in a viral video showcasing “Pepe the Frog,” the now infamous cartoon character Clinton accused of being racist.
According to KnowYourMeme.com, Pepe, created by artist Matt Furie, first appeared in the comic series “Boy’s Club” in 2005 before becoming popularized on imageboard website 4chan in 2008.
Earlier this week the candidate dedicated an entire page on her website to Pepe, labeling the amphibian a “sinister” symbol of Trump, the “alt-right” and white supremacy.
“That cartoon frog is more sinister than you might realize,” declared HillaryClinton.com.
In reality, as noted by Infowars’ Kit Daniels, “the alt-right isn’t a clearly defined movement, and it’s certainly not controlled by white nationalists.”
“If anything, the alt-right is a decentralized, spontaneous reaction against political correctness, social justice warriors, uncontrolled immigration, limitless government and third-wave feminism.”
In Clinton’s attempt to strike down Pepe, the green frog has become more powerful than she could have ever imagined.
- CBS Labels Itself "REAL NEWS" to Counter Fake News Accusations
- "Trump Cabinet Picks are a Bunch of Scumbags": Democrat Maxine Waters
- 214 Rioters from Inauguration Day Indicted on Felony Charges
- Migrants Riot After Swedes Say Trump is Insane for Suggesting They Have an Issue
- President Trump Has Been Far Too Nice To the Mainstream Media