Last week Barack Obama angrily told reporters “We do not pay ransom” after a Wall Street Journal report suggested the administration paid a $400 million ransom to Iran for the release of four US hostages.
But Obama lied.
The US State Department admitted today the US paid a $400 million cash payment for the release of US prisoners.
BREAKING: State Dept. says $400 million cash payment to Iran was contingent on American prisoners' release.
— The Associated Press (@AP) August 18, 2016
- TIME Mag Names Donald Trump "Person of the Year" in Vicious Hit Piece
- Obama Appointed Liberal Judge Orders Hand Recount in Michigan
- Obama Lauds Fidel Castro Gets Media Praise, Trump Called by Taiwan Gets Slammed
- 6 hostages released after Paris siege
- Obama Mocked Trump Plan to Keep Carrier Jobs in USA