Last week Barack Obama angrily told reporters “We do not pay ransom” after a Wall Street Journal report suggested the administration paid a $400 million ransom to Iran for the release of four US hostages.
But Obama lied.
The US State Department admitted today the US paid a $400 million cash payment for the release of US prisoners.
BREAKING: State Dept. says $400 million cash payment to Iran was contingent on American prisoners' release.
— The Associated Press (@AP) August 18, 2016
- Provision to Crack Down on Illegal Aliens Removed from Trump's Healthcare
- Investigation Into Hillary Clinton Private Email Use Not Over
- 48 Hours After Obama Visit to Hawaii, Judge Rules Against Refugee Ban
- Putin tells Netanyahu not to judge Iran by 5th century BC
- US Debt Decreased by $68 Billion Since Trump Inauguration