A priest has been stabbed in his own home by an Muslim asylum seeker he allowed in to use his shower, according to local prosecutors.
The priest named locally as 65-year-old Jos Vanderlee, suffered injuries to his hands during the incident in Lanaken, Belgium.
Public Prosecutor of Limburg Coppin Bruno said the attack happened at around 2.40pm local time.
Despite similarities with the deadly ISIS-inspired attack on a Catholic priest in Normandy last week, authorities stressed the attack cannot be linked to terrorism at this stage, as if it matters anyway.
Prosecutors say the suspect had knocked on the priest’s home to ask for a shower and help.
After the shower the man allegedly asked for money and stabbed the priest when he said no.
The attacker is then said to have fled the scene.
- Migrant Kicks German Woman Down Subway Stairs
- EU Bullies 7 countries on car pollution, wants more taxes and regulations
- Germany Issues Ultimatum to Greece: Reform or Leave EU
- EU Official's daughter raped & murdered by Afghan migrant, Father asks for Donations to Bangladesh
- Somali refugee injures 11 in Ohio Carmageddon and mass stabbings