A priest has been stabbed in his own home by an Muslim asylum seeker he allowed in to use his shower, according to local prosecutors.
The priest named locally as 65-year-old Jos Vanderlee, suffered injuries to his hands during the incident in Lanaken, Belgium.
Public Prosecutor of Limburg Coppin Bruno said the attack happened at around 2.40pm local time.
Despite similarities with the deadly ISIS-inspired attack on a Catholic priest in Normandy last week, authorities stressed the attack cannot be linked to terrorism at this stage, as if it matters anyway.
Prosecutors say the suspect had knocked on the priest’s home to ask for a shower and help.
After the shower the man allegedly asked for money and stabbed the priest when he said no.
The attacker is then said to have fled the scene.
- London Mayor says Terrorism is "Part & Parcel" of Living in a Big City
- London struck by terrorists near UK parliament, people rammed with car, cop stabbed
- Hungary Won't "Compensate" Immigrants
- Muslim shot dead after trying to Steal Weapon from Soldier at Paris Orly Airport
- Soros Fueling Unrest in Macedonia