A priest has been stabbed in his own home by an Muslim asylum seeker he allowed in to use his shower, according to local prosecutors.
The priest named locally as 65-year-old Jos Vanderlee, suffered injuries to his hands during the incident in Lanaken, Belgium.
Public Prosecutor of Limburg Coppin Bruno said the attack happened at around 2.40pm local time.
Despite similarities with the deadly ISIS-inspired attack on a Catholic priest in Normandy last week, authorities stressed the attack cannot be linked to terrorism at this stage, as if it matters anyway.
Prosecutors say the suspect had knocked on the priest’s home to ask for a shower and help.
After the shower the man allegedly asked for money and stabbed the priest when he said no.
The attacker is then said to have fled the scene.
- Soros, Juncker secretly meet to destroy Hungary for refusing to take Muslims
- "Allahu Akbar" Shooter Kills 3 in Fresno California, Targets "White Devils" Only
- EU Threatens Legal Action if Poland, Hungary Refuse to Take in Migrants
- 4 dead in Stockholm Jihadist Truck Attack, 2 Arrested
- EU Chief Juncker Demands UK punishment for Brexit