A priest has been stabbed in his own home by an Muslim asylum seeker he allowed in to use his shower, according to local prosecutors.
The priest named locally as 65-year-old Jos Vanderlee, suffered injuries to his hands during the incident in Lanaken, Belgium.
Public Prosecutor of Limburg Coppin Bruno said the attack happened at around 2.40pm local time.
Despite similarities with the deadly ISIS-inspired attack on a Catholic priest in Normandy last week, authorities stressed the attack cannot be linked to terrorism at this stage, as if it matters anyway.
Prosecutors say the suspect had knocked on the priest’s home to ask for a shower and help.
After the shower the man allegedly asked for money and stabbed the priest when he said no.
The attacker is then said to have fled the scene.
- Wikileaks: Clinton Campaign pushed Obama Muslim Slander
- Washington Mall Shooter Arrested! Muslim Immigrant and Hillary Supporter
- Prominent Muslim Doctor Says Hillary Passed Out From Cardio or Neurological Disorder
- Media Cheers "Historic" Somali Primary Victory, Doesn't Mention She's Married to Her Brother
- Marion Le Pen angry as Riot Police DRAG Christians & Priest out of church