A possible mass shooting was stopped over the weekend by a man with a concealed weapon permit.
An argument broke out in front of Playoffz nightclub in Lyman, S.C. prompting 32 year old Jody Ray Thompson to pull out a gun and fire into a crowd of people, according to WISTV.com
Lt. Kevin Bobo said “His rounds struck three victims, and almost struck a fourth victim, who in self-defense, pulled his own weapon and fired, striking Thompson in the leg.”
The man who shot Thompson had a concealed weapons permit and is not being charged with any crime while the attacker is being charged with unlawful carrying of a weapon, four counts of attempted murder and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime.
South Carolina changed its gun laws in 2014 allowing bar and restaurant owners to decide whether to allow concealed weapons on their property.
Victims of the attack are being treated, but no injuries were life threatening.
- US Halts Weapons Sales to Saudis Over Growing Body Count in Yemen Conflict
- NRA: Libertarian VP Candidate ‘Anti-Gun’
- 2009 Vanished Teen Girl was raped, shot, fed to alligators by Gang, FBI says
- Rand Paul: Hillary Clinton Can Get 5 YEARS IN PRISON for Lying to Congress About Syrian Weapons
- Tunisian Muslim Shouting "Allahu Akbar" Runs Truck Through French Crowd Massacring 84