Crowds jeered the French Prime Minister as he arrived for a minute’s silence to remember victims of the attack in Nice.
Boos rang out as it emerged that confidence in the capacity of the government to combat terrorism had plummeted to an all time low.
Prime Minister Manuel Valls joined thousands packing the seafront, scene of the Bastille day carnage.
With flowers in their hands, crowds stood on the rocky beach, for a minute of silence in homage to the victims.
But there were also placards in the crowd calling for President Francois Hollande to resign.
After the silence Mr Valls was booed again, with one woman heard to shout, “Resign, Manuel Valls!”.
- France Struck by Islamic Terrorist Attack Again, Police Officer Killed
- Masked Antifa Gangs Terrorize Streets of Marseille in Anti-Marine Le Pen Riots
- Marine Le Pen accosted by Feminist protesters
- Marine Le Pen: Pope Francis Exceeds His Role as Religious Leader
- Facebook Suspends 30,000 French Accounts 10 days Before Election to Censor Le Pen