Crowds jeered the French Prime Minister as he arrived for a minute’s silence to remember victims of the attack in Nice.
Boos rang out as it emerged that confidence in the capacity of the government to combat terrorism had plummeted to an all time low.
Prime Minister Manuel Valls joined thousands packing the seafront, scene of the Bastille day carnage.
With flowers in their hands, crowds stood on the rocky beach, for a minute of silence in homage to the victims.
But there were also placards in the crowd calling for President Francois Hollande to resign.
After the silence Mr Valls was booed again, with one woman heard to shout, “Resign, Manuel Valls!”.
- France's future president spotted in Trump Tower
- Marine Le Pen Short On Cash; Banks Trying To Kill Populism
- CNN Calls Islamic Act Of Terror in Berlin “Truck Crash” Again
- Le Pen to cut Free Education for illegal immigrants
- Italy's PM Resigns After Losing Constitutional Referendum