Crowds jeered the French Prime Minister as he arrived for a minute’s silence to remember victims of the attack in Nice.
Boos rang out as it emerged that confidence in the capacity of the government to combat terrorism had plummeted to an all time low.
Prime Minister Manuel Valls joined thousands packing the seafront, scene of the Bastille day carnage.
With flowers in their hands, crowds stood on the rocky beach, for a minute of silence in homage to the victims.
But there were also placards in the crowd calling for President Francois Hollande to resign.
After the silence Mr Valls was booed again, with one woman heard to shout, “Resign, Manuel Valls!”.
- Clinton is now leading Trump by 27%, Total Proof Photos, Huge Crowds
- Saudi Princess Who Ordered Killing of Designer Flees Paris as Bodyguard is Arrested
- Saudi Arabian princess orders Paris Interior Designer Beaten, Forces Him to Kiss Her Feet
- Female Volunteers At Calais Jungle ‘Having Sex With Multiple Refugees A Day’
- Amateur Videos Shows Thousands of Refugees Sleeping on the Streets of Paris