Omar Mateen, the man who carried out the deadliest mass shooting in US history earlier this month, threatened more attacks against the United States in Facebook messages, a lawmaker told Fox News.
Mateen’s Facebook accounts were taken down, so the messages could not be viewed by the public, however, investigators were able to uncover some of them, Senate Homeland Security Chairman Ron Johnson said on Wednesday.
“In the next few days you will see attacks from the Islamic State in the USA,” one of Mateen’s messages said, according to Johnson.
On June 12, 29-year-old Omar Mateen opened fire in The Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, killing 49 people and injuring 53 others. The FBI confirmed on Wednesday that the attack is being investigated as an act of terror.
Mateen’s father, Seddique Mateen, said his son did not have ties to the ISIS terrorist group, banned in a range of countries worldwide, according to CNN.
Mateen’s attack is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States.
- Clinton is now leading Trump by 27%, Total Proof Photos, Huge Crowds
- 21yo Jihadist UK Refugee posing as 12yo "child" Threatens To Kill His Foster Mom & Her Kids
- URGENT! Early Voting Results the Media Does NOT Want You To See
- Arrogant Hillary Laughs When Trump Says Gays Thrown Off Buildings During Debate
- Sweden to Reward ISIS Vets With Free Driver's License, Housing & Tax Benefits