Republican Speaker Paul Ryan attacked GOP nominee Donald Trump Tuesday at a public Washington DC rally.
Ryan referred to Trump’s attacks on La Raza Judge Gonzalo Curiel as “textbook racism.”
But Obama did the same thing.
President Barack blocked an Iranian judge from hearing an Iranian immigration case.
According to the Daily Caller, “in 2015, immigration judge A. Ashley Tabaddor sued the United States Department of Justice after it forced her to recuse herself from all immigration cases involving Iranians.” The judge was Iranian descent and the Department of Justice became “concerned with the appearance of impropriety”.
The judge was first asked to recuse herself from any cases involving Iranian nationals and then the recommendation became an official order. According to NPR and the president of the National Association of Immigration Judges, Dana Leigh Marks, immigration cases are assigned at random and occasionally the parties to the case will ask that a judge recuse him or herself if they suspect a conflict of interest or bias.
So it is common to ask that judges be asked to recuse themselves from cases and even the Obama Administration has requested this be done. It is nonsense that Donald Trump is accused of being a racist when he makes this request based on precedent. But if he is then Obama is too.
- TIME Mag Names Donald Trump "Person of the Year" in Vicious Hit Piece
- Court Stops Michigan Recount, Turns Out the Lights on Hillary Election Steal
- ISIS declares WAR on Trump's inauguration day calling it 'Bloody Friday'
- Trump Up By 70,000 Votes in Wisconsin Recount So Far
- Obama Appointed Liberal Judge Orders Hand Recount in Michigan