Marine Le Pen, the leader of France’s National Front party, the biggest party in France reiterated her demands Friday to hold a referendum on the country’s EU membership after UK nationals voted to leave the bloc.
On Thursday, the United Kingdom held a referendum on its membership in the European Union. Earlier Friday, it was announced that most people voted to leave the bloc.
“Victory for freedom! As I have demanded for years, now the same referendum should be held in France and other EU countries,” Le Pen said on Twitter.
- London Mayor says Terrorism is "Part & Parcel" of Living in a Big City
- London struck by terrorists near UK parliament, people rammed with car, cop stabbed
- French Presidential Race: Marine Le Pen Far Ahead of Rivals in Secret Polling
- Le Pen Niece to Erdogan: Turks Belong in Turkey
- 1500 Acid Attacks Hit London Since 2011