Bernie Sanders released this statement on Monday after Hillary turned down the FOX News debate invitation:
“I am disappointed but not surprised by Secretary Clinton’s unwillingness to debate before the largest and most important primary in the presidential nominating process.
“The state of California and the United States face some enormous crises. Democracy, and respect for the voters of California, would suggest that there should be a vigorous debate in which the voters may determine whose ideas they support. I hope Secretary Clinton reconsiders her unfortunate decision to back away from her commitment to debate.
“I also would suggest that Secretary Clinton may want to be not quite so presumptuous about thinking that she is a certain winner. In the last several weeks, the people of Indiana, West Virginia and Oregon have suggested otherwise.”
- FOX News Gets Huge Historic Ratings Boost From Tucker Carlson's New Show
- Out-of-Touch Dems Re-elect Pelosi
- Green Party Disowns Jill Stein Over Hillary Recount
- Hillary Support of Recount Increases Her Chances of Being Prosecuted
- Villain Soros Financed Hillary Clinton's Recount Lawyer Marc Elias