A French soldier is fighting for his life in hospital after reportedly being stabbed by two men who yelled that the attack was in revenge for the bombing campaign against Islamic State (ISIS) in Syria.
The trooper, from the 8th regiment of marine parachutists, is said to be “seriously injured” in hospital after being set upon whilst out jogging alone near his army base.
The alleged attack took place at around 8.40pm yesterday evening in the southern town of Saint Julien du Puy, which lies around 70 miles to the east of Toulouse.
Reports in French media stated that the 30-year-old sergeant said he was punched and slashed several times with a knife, sustaining a serious wound to his thigh.
The soldier has reportedly told police that the men shouted at him that the attack was in revenge for France’s airstrikes against ISIS in Syria.
Passers-by who discovered the stricken sergeant then called the emergency services, who rushed him to hospital in a “serious condition”.
It is believed that he was not on duty at the time, but was still wearing some of his military uniform.
- Trump warns of World War III if Clinton is elected
- 21yo Jihadist UK Refugee posing as 12yo "child" Threatens To Kill His Foster Mom & Her Kids
- Arrogant Hillary Laughs When Trump Says Gays Thrown Off Buildings During Debate
- Sweden to Reward ISIS Vets With Free Driver's License, Housing & Tax Benefits
- Saudi Princess Who Ordered Killing of Designer Flees Paris as Bodyguard is Arrested