Former Bush Vice President Dan Quayle broke with the Bushes and Romneys and endorsed Donald Trump Thursday morning on the Today Show.
The former vice president said Donald Trump is a winner and has great political instincts.
“He’s a winner. He’s unusual. He’s obviously very different, he’s not going to play by the rules. It’s a different situation, but I think that he can win,” he said.
Quayle served as vice president under George H.W. Bush from 1989 to 1993. Both Bush and his son, former President George W. Bush, said recently through their spokesmen that they do not plan to endorse Trump.
Quayle said he found it amusing that Republicans know who their nominee is far before Democrats do, although he said he believes Hillary Clinton will ultimately be the candidate running against Trump.
- White House: ‘Trump Was Right’ On JCC Bomb Threats
- Trump Credited By Israeli Police for Push That Solved JCC Bomb Threats Case
- Armed Antifa Communists March In Response to Arizona Trump Rally
- Deep State Mulls “Continuity of Government” Plan to Overthrow Trump
- Greenfield: The Civil War Is Here