Former Bush Vice President Dan Quayle broke with the Bushes and Romneys and endorsed Donald Trump Thursday morning on the Today Show.
The former vice president said Donald Trump is a winner and has great political instincts.
“He’s a winner. He’s unusual. He’s obviously very different, he’s not going to play by the rules. It’s a different situation, but I think that he can win,” he said.
Quayle served as vice president under George H.W. Bush from 1989 to 1993. Both Bush and his son, former President George W. Bush, said recently through their spokesmen that they do not plan to endorse Trump.
Quayle said he found it amusing that Republicans know who their nominee is far before Democrats do, although he said he believes Hillary Clinton will ultimately be the candidate running against Trump.
- Bernie Sanders Wife BEGGED HIM Not to Endorse Hillary - Wikileaks
- Hillary Clinton Asks Trump to Give her a Presidential "PARDON"
- Putin Issues US Election Theft Warning, Orders Military To Protect Trump “At All Costs”
- Arrogant Hillary Laughs When Trump Says Gays Thrown Off Buildings During Debate
- Who Won The 3rd Presidential Debate? VOTE Now in Largest Polls, Limited Time