GOP frontrunner Donald Trump said he hasn’t made the determination whether or not he would shake things up at the Republican National Committee (RNC) if he were to be the Republican nominee.
“Trump left open the possibility that he would seek to install his own allies at the RNC should he accrue the 1,237 delegates required to win the nomination by the time primary voting ends in June,” The Washington Post reports. “Asked in the interview whether he would retain RNC Chairman Reince Priebus in that scenario, Trump replied: ‘I don’t know. I haven’t made the determination.’”
The real estate mogul also made it clear he won’t be entering the Republican National Convention with a known vice presidential pick. According to The Washington Post, “Trump said he plans to name one only if he has the nomination secured; otherwise, he will wait to do so at the convention.”
The former reality television star said he thought the 2016 Republican National Convention should have a “showbiz” quality, explaining the 2012 convention in Tampa was “the single most boring convention I’ve ever seen.”
“It’s very important to put some showbiz into a convention, otherwise people are going to fall asleep,” Trump stated during a recent interview. “We don’t have the people who know how to put showbiz into a convention.”
- Trump IS an anti-Semite when he says the media he refers to us, Jews
- Trump's "Terrorism last night in Sweden", Who is right, the Media or Trump?
- Trump Destroys ISIS Command And Control HQ in Mosul, Iraq
- Rand Paul Blasts John McCain for Trump criticism
- Obama's Activist Group Issued “Training Manual” For Opposing President Trump