Europe is experiencing its largest migration crisis since World War II.
At least 34 people were murdered in rush hour attacks in Brussels, Belgium on Tuesday by Islamic killers.
On Saturday Red Francis brought twelve migrants to the Vatican on his charter plane after visiting the Greek island of Lesbos.
The Socialist pope wanted to teach Europe a lesson.
The AP reported:
Pope Francis gave Europe a concrete lesson Saturday in how to welcome refugees by bringing 12 Syrian Muslims to Italy aboard his charter plane after an emotional visit to the Greek island of Lesbos, which has faced the brunt of Europe’s migration crisis.
Refugees on the overwhelmed island fell to their knees and wept at his presence.
The Vatican said Francis wanted to make a “gesture of welcome” at the end of his five-hour visit to Lesbos, where he implored Europe to respond to the migrant crisis on its shores “in a way that is worthy of our common humanity.” The Greek island just a few miles from the Turkish coast has seen hundreds of thousands of desperate people land on its beaches and rocks in the last year, fleeing war and poverty at home.
“Today I renew my heartfelt plea for responsibility and solidarity in the face of this tragic situation,” Francis said.
The pope visited Lesbos alongside the spiritual leader of the world’s Orthodox Christians and the head of the Church of Greece to thank the Greek people for their welcome and highlight the plight of refugees as the European Union implements a controversial plan to deport them back to Turkey.
- Germans need to integrate with Migrants, not the other way around: Angela Merkel
- Afghan Migrants ‘Use Belts As Whips’ to Attack Austrians at Christmas Celebration
- EU Bullies 7 countries on car pollution, wants more taxes and regulations
- Germany Issues Ultimatum to Greece: Reform or Leave EU
- EU Official's daughter raped & murdered by Afghan migrant, Father asks for Donations to Bangladesh