President Obama reassured some of his biggest Hollywood supporters that Donald Trump would not be his presidential successor.
“I recognize that there is a deep obsession right now about Mr. Trump,” he said last night. “And one of you pulled me aside and squeezed me hard and said, ‘Tell me that Mr. Trump is not succeeding you’ — And I said, ‘Mr. Trump is not succeeding me.’”
Obama made his remarks during a Hollywood mega-fundraiser for Democrats who paid up to $66,800 per couple to attend.
According to Deadline, Disney CEO Bob Iger, Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Roberts. J.J. Abrams and wife Katie McGrath, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Norman Lear and Lyn Lear, Barbra Streisand and James Brolin all attended the fundraiser.
But Obama couldn’t resist a little bit of trolling of both Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Trump for voicing the more controversial ideas in the Republican party.
“Mr. Trump has actually done a service, as Mr. Cruz is doing a service, and that is laying bare unvarnished some of the nonsense that we’ve been dealing with in Congress on a daily basis,” he said.
- Obama's Activist Group Issued “Training Manual” For Opposing President Trump
- Jay Sekulow: Obama Should Be “Held Accountable” For The “Soft Coup” Against Trump
- Trump: Media ‘Not My Enemy, Enemy of the People!’
- Obama Gave NSA New Powers Used To Sabotage Trump
- Former CIA director John Brennan may be the Leaker