President Obama reassured some of his biggest Hollywood supporters that Donald Trump would not be his presidential successor.
“I recognize that there is a deep obsession right now about Mr. Trump,” he said last night. “And one of you pulled me aside and squeezed me hard and said, ‘Tell me that Mr. Trump is not succeeding you’ — And I said, ‘Mr. Trump is not succeeding me.’”
Obama made his remarks during a Hollywood mega-fundraiser for Democrats who paid up to $66,800 per couple to attend.
According to Deadline, Disney CEO Bob Iger, Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Roberts. J.J. Abrams and wife Katie McGrath, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Norman Lear and Lyn Lear, Barbra Streisand and James Brolin all attended the fundraiser.
But Obama couldn’t resist a little bit of trolling of both Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Trump for voicing the more controversial ideas in the Republican party.
“Mr. Trump has actually done a service, as Mr. Cruz is doing a service, and that is laying bare unvarnished some of the nonsense that we’ve been dealing with in Congress on a daily basis,” he said.
- Ivanka Trump appoints more Bush-Era Globalists in White House
- TOTAL TREASON: Trump Wants to Arrest Julian Assange
- Does Anyone Still Believe That Trump Will Fulfill His Election Promises?
- Trump Moves Away From Bannon And Populist Base
- Opposite of draining the swamp: Watchdogs hit Trump for secret White House visitor log