The media attempted to equate a trivial accident to physical violence Tuesday after Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump accidentally knocked a phone out of a reporter’s hand.
Footage of the “incident,” captured during a press conference on the GOP frontrunner’s private jet, shows Trump apologizing to a reporter whose phone inadvertently crossed paths with his hand.
Fast forward to 24:53
“Whoops, sorry,” Trump tells the journalist.
Despite its mundane nature, sites such as the Washington Examiner attempted to connect the encounter to recent news surrounding Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.
“The seemingly innocuous smack comes after Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, was arrested Tuesday for a single count of misdemeanor battery for an incident earlier in the month involving ex-Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields.”
Although evidence shows Fields grossly exaggerated the account, and that Lewandowski was incorrect when stating he had not touched the reporter, media outlets have ignored key facts regarding the episode in order to push an anti-Trump agenda.
Meanwhile, a wave of death threats and actual violence against Trump and his supporters are all but ignored.
- 214 Rioters from Inauguration Day Indicted on Felony Charges
- Migrants Riot After Swedes Say Trump is Insane for Suggesting They Have an Issue
- President Trump Has Been Far Too Nice To the Mainstream Media
- Trump IS an anti-Semite when he says the media he refers to us, Jews
- Trump's "Terrorism last night in Sweden", Who is right, the Media or Trump?