Ted Cruz declined to answer a question on Monday about whether he has ever been unfaithful to his wife Heidi.
‘Senator Cruz,’ DailyMail.com asked him, ‘can you please swat down more definitively this National Enquirer piece by telling us on the record that you’ve never been unfaithful to your wife?’
The National Enquirer published a story last Wednesday that speculated about five women with whom the Republican presidential candidate was rumored to have had extramarital affairs.
Cruz has batted down the specifics of the story on numerous occasions since it appeared in supermarket checkout lanes.
But instead of making a blanket declaration that he has been faithful during the entirety of his 14-year marriage – a move that would effectively end the vicious news cycle – Cruz stood silently as campaign surrogate Carly Fiorina leapt in to intercept the question and change the subject.
- Rand Paul Doubles Down: Someone Needs To Go To Jail For Fake Trump Leaks
- Orlando Gay Club Terrorist's Wife Arrested
- Ted Cruz Incinerates Corrupt Senate Democrats at Sessions Hearing
- Ted Cruz Introduces Amendment to Impose Term Limits on US Congress
- Shooter Kills at least 11 at New Year’s Eve Party in Brazil