Robots have been making inroads into the world economy, albeit slowly but surely.
A Bank of America Merrill Lynch report shows close to 50% future job losses as artificial intelligence (AI) and robots take over. That up to 35% of all workers in the UK and 47% of those in the US, including white-collar jobs, will see the livelihoods taken away by machines.
A report by the White House also points out to how jobs that pay $20 per hour will be targeted first by the robots, with the automotive sector the hardest hit.
However, the idea that robots and software algorithms are guzzling jobs faster than they can be created is also dismissed as a myth.
- Newt Gingrich: Madonna Ought to Be Arrested for Terrorism
- Trump immediately signs executive order to ease the burden of Obamacare
- Trump orders a standing ovation for Hillary and Bill Clinton
- Donald Trump and the New American Patriotism
- Trump becomes America's 45th after Glorious Inauguration