Bernie Sanders, played an entire deck of race cards in one fell swoop at the Democrat debate Sunday night, but it was his take on poverty that earned a facepalm.
The Jewish socialist/communist Vermont senator did his pandering best to wrestle the black vote away from Hillary Clinton by accusing police officers of terrorizing black people… the usual schtick.
“I’m not just talking about the horrible shootings that we have seen which have got to end and we’ve got to hold police officers accountable,” he said. “I’m just talking about everyday activities where police officers are bullying people.”
But that wasn’t enough for Sanders who dialed up the stupid to another level.
“When you’re white you don’t know what it’s like to be living in a ghetto. You don’t know what it’s like to be poor,” he said.
Interesting because according to U.S. Census figures in 2013 the number of poor whites was 18.9 million.
That figure was 8 million more than poor blacks and 5 million more than poor Latinos, the Root reported.
According to Sen. Sanders those white people don’t know what it’s like to be poor.
Social media wasted no time in lambasting the senator for his condescending statement.
- "Grassroots Organization" Offers $2.5k to Protest Trump Inauguration
- Leftist Crazies Calls for Mass Riots, Opposes Peaceful Trump Transition
- Anonymous activist deconstructs ODNI report on ‘Russia hackers’
- Ted Cruz Incinerates Corrupt Senate Democrats at Sessions Hearing
- Fake Media to retire ‘fake news’ label after conservatives fire back