The next-generation ATLAS robot is here and it’s quieter, smarter and much steadier on its feet – all without those restrictive cables.
Google-owned Boston Dynamics released a video today of the newest iteration of its ATLAS biped robot being harassed by humans as it attempts various tasks including picking up boxes, opening doors and keeping to its feet in the snow.
The apparent bullying by its human overlords, who try to push ATLAS and knock boxes out of its hands, is all in aid of testing its compensatory systems. A bipedal robot has to be able to stay on its feet and/or recover from falls if it’s to be of any use and ATLAS certainly proves its ability to stay standing. The video shows ATLAS taking running steps backwards to keep its balance when it’s shoved by a hockey stick and getting back to its feet when it eventually does fall over.
- iPhone Manufacturer Foxconn Plans to Replace almost Every Human Worker with Robots
- Establishment Media Says Everything Apart From Itself Is "Fake"
- WikiLeaks releases 26th batch of #PodestaEmails from Clinton campaign chair
- Wikileaks exposes Clinton colluding with Google
- Clinton Devastation! Wikileaks Julian Assange Trolls the World