Congressmen, President Barack Obama and faith leaders from around the country met for the annual prayer breakfast in Washington, D.C. Thursday. At the breakfast, House Minority Leader Democrat Nancy Pelosi took the opportunity to invoke “the prophet Muhammad.”
Before reading from the Gospel of John, Pelosi talked about the similarity of Islam, Judaism and Christianity.
“In the Gospel of John we see the golden rule that stands at the heart of the gospel, and as we hear these words from John 13, 15, and 17, we know that this message, this command of love is not confined to the New Testament,” Pelosi said. “The same message stands at the center of the Torah and the teachings of the prophet Muhammad too. In the Torah it says, ‘love your neighbor as yourself’ and from Muhammad, ‘none of you has faith until he loves for his neighbor or brother what he loves for himself.’”
Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, creators of the movie “Son of God” and the television show “The Bible,” both shared the podium at the breakfast. Immigrants from Ireland and England, the Downeys told their story of living the American dream.
- Obama Says Hillary May Have Cheated During 3rd Debate
- Sweden to Reward ISIS Vets With Free Driver's License, Housing & Tax Benefits
- Hillary Clinton Destroys America’s Free Energy Hopes Forever
- Wikileaks: Hillary Staff Discussed Hiding, Deleting Obama-Hillary Emails from Investigators
- Wikileaks: Clinton Campaign pushed Obama Muslim Slander