In the Iowa Democratic party’s chaotic attempt to report caucus results on Monday night, the results in at least one precinct were unilaterally changed by the party as it attempted to deal with the culmination of a rushed and imperfect process overseeing the first-in-the-nation nominating contest.
In Grinnell Ward 1, the precinct where elite liberal arts college Grinnell College is located, 19 delegates were awarded to Bernie Sanders and seven were awarded to Hillary Clinton on caucus night. However, the 19 delegates were awarded to Bernie Sanders and seven were awarded to Hillary Clinton on caucus night on the night and did not notify precinct secretary J Pablo Silva that they had done so. Silva only discovered that this happened the next day, when checking the precinct results in other parts of the county.
The shift of one delegate at a county convention level would not have significantly affected the ultimate outcome of the caucus, but rather, it raises questions about the Iowa Democratic party’s management of caucus night.
- BOMBSHELL: Podesta Received $35 Million from RUSSIA while Advising Clinton & Obama
- Donna Brazile Admits CNN Collusion, Forwarded Town Hall Questions to Hillary
- Investigation Into Hillary Clinton Private Email Use Not Over
- Clinton Pushing for "Pence Takeover" of Trump White House - Wikileaks
- Russian Ambassador Also Met with Clinton Campaign: Kremlin Spokesman