In a remarkable exchange with CBS anchor Scott Pelley, Hillary Clinton refused to say that she has never or will never lie to the American people.
Pelley cited Jimmy Carter’s infamous declaration to voters in 1976 that “I will not lie to you” and asked Hillary “Have you always told the truth?”
Visibly squirming and wide eyed, Hillary claimed “I have always tried to” tell the truth, and added “I don’t believe I ever have” lied to the American people.
“Some might call that ‘wiggle room’” Pelley responded after an awkward silence.
Hillary critics noted that trying to tell the truth and believing one hasn’t lied are very different things to actually telling the truth and not lying.
Others suggested that the Benghazi hearings and a certain email server have already proven whether or not Hillary has and will lie to the American people.
- President Trump Was Lied to by Speaker Ryan - Rep. Gohmert
- Donna Brazile Admits CNN Collusion, Forwarded Town Hall Questions to Hillary
- Investigation Into Hillary Clinton Private Email Use Not Over
- Clinton Pushing for "Pence Takeover" of Trump White House - Wikileaks
- Russian Ambassador Also Met with Clinton Campaign: Kremlin Spokesman