US presidential candidate, Republican Senator Rand Paul, put forward an initiative to tighten the rules for issuing visas to Russian citizens.
The politician also suggested including Russia on the list of so-called “highly dangerous countries,” from where terrorists may enter the territory of the United States.
The project that the senator develops is called the “Security Act.” there time for issuing a US visa to Russian citizens may increase up to 30 days. The document also empowers the State Department with the right to impose a moratorium on accepting refugees from the list of “dangerous countries.”
The list, in addition to Russia, includes Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen and the Palestinian Territories.
- Russia Accuses UK, Germany And France Of “Grossly Interfering” In The US Election
- Rand Paul Doubles Down: Someone Needs To Go To Jail For Fake Trump Leaks
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks
- Guccifer 2.0 accuses US of "falsifying evidence" denies Russian links
- Russia is Worried "US tanks and soldiers in Poland pose threat"