Republican primary front-runner Donald Trump says rival Ted Cruz’s image as a champion of the everyday American doesn’t square with the two $500,000 loans he failed to disclose from big banks to fund his 2012 Senate campaign.
“He’s being a great hypocrite, wouldn’t you think?” Trump said Saturday at a Portsmouth, N.H., rally.
“You know, he talks about he’s going to be Robin Hood, he’s protecting, then it finds out on his personal disclosure form he didn’t disclose that he’s borrowing a lot of money from Goldman Sachs,” he continued.
Trump said Cruz’s claims that the lack of disclosure was a “paperwork error” don’t make sense, because Cruz did it for multiple loans.
- Obama Defends Islam, Slams Americans and Calls on Army to Oppose Trump
- Trump's Stock Market Rally Is Historic, Has Never Occurred in 110 Years
- Apple Supplier Foxconn in Discussions to Expand to US
- TIME Mag Names Donald Trump "Person of the Year" in Vicious Hit Piece
- Court Stops Michigan Recount, Turns Out the Lights on Hillary Election Steal