Chanting “Merkel out” and waving German flags, supporters of the patriotic PEGIDA movement vented their anger Saturday against migrants after a rash of sexual assaults in the western city of Cologne.
Carrying banners and signs bearing slogans like “Rapefugees not welcome,” the far-right protesters took aim at Merkel, accusing her of allowing migrants to running amok in Germany through her liberal stance towards those fleeing war.
“Merkel has become a danger to our country. Merkel must go,” a member of PEGIDA told the crowd, which echoed the call.
Witnesses have described the perpetrators of the assaults in Cologne on the night of Dec. 31 as people with “North African or Arab” appearance.
- "Jihad Will Soon Begin in Europe" Turkish Foreign Minister
- Turkey Threatens to Open Border with Europe to New Flood of Asian Migrants
- Germany's AfD pledges to deport at least 200,000 Muslim migrants per Year
- 5 Injured in Germany Axe Attack at Train Station
- Swedish Couple Killed, Throats Slit, Muslim Migrant Suspects Just Sat and Laughed