Chanting “Merkel out” and waving German flags, supporters of the patriotic PEGIDA movement vented their anger Saturday against migrants after a rash of sexual assaults in the western city of Cologne.
Carrying banners and signs bearing slogans like “Rapefugees not welcome,” the far-right protesters took aim at Merkel, accusing her of allowing migrants to running amok in Germany through her liberal stance towards those fleeing war.
“Merkel has become a danger to our country. Merkel must go,” a member of PEGIDA told the crowd, which echoed the call.
Witnesses have described the perpetrators of the assaults in Cologne on the night of Dec. 31 as people with “North African or Arab” appearance.
- 50,000 Antifa Plan to Violently Block AfD congress, Germany imposes No-Fly Zone
- Iraqi arrested in connection with Dortmund bus attack led ISIS unit
- Heinrich Himmler's letter to Palestinian Arab leader discovered
- UK Entry Denied after Ethiopian ‘Child Migrants’ Confess to Real Ages
- Somali Asylum Seeker Kills Woman, Rapes 2 Disabled Elderly Men in Germany