Chanting “Merkel out” and waving German flags, supporters of the patriotic PEGIDA movement vented their anger Saturday against migrants after a rash of sexual assaults in the western city of Cologne.
Carrying banners and signs bearing slogans like “Rapefugees not welcome,” the far-right protesters took aim at Merkel, accusing her of allowing migrants to running amok in Germany through her liberal stance towards those fleeing war.
“Merkel has become a danger to our country. Merkel must go,” a member of PEGIDA told the crowd, which echoed the call.
Witnesses have described the perpetrators of the assaults in Cologne on the night of Dec. 31 as people with “North African or Arab” appearance.
- Trump Blasts Angela Merkel for “Catastrophic Mistake” of Admitting Millions of Migrants
- Facebook's aim to combat fake news with fact checkers & ‘untrustworthy’ shame label trial
- US judge denies bail for detained Volkswagen executive
- Why the Globalists Want Open Borders
- Angry Protesters Rally Against Merkel During Visit to Brussels: “Merkel Must Go”