Chanting “Merkel out” and waving German flags, supporters of the patriotic PEGIDA movement vented their anger Saturday against migrants after a rash of sexual assaults in the western city of Cologne.
Carrying banners and signs bearing slogans like “Rapefugees not welcome,” the far-right protesters took aim at Merkel, accusing her of allowing migrants to running amok in Germany through her liberal stance towards those fleeing war.
“Merkel has become a danger to our country. Merkel must go,” a member of PEGIDA told the crowd, which echoed the call.
Witnesses have described the perpetrators of the assaults in Cologne on the night of Dec. 31 as people with “North African or Arab” appearance.
- Germans Fleeing Germany in Droves Due to Refugee Crisis
- 600,000 White South-Brazilians demand their own country
- SECURITY CONCERNS Force Julian Assange to Cancel Wikileaks Tuesday Announcement
- Parenting Magazine Warns ‘Blond, Cheerful’ Families Dangerous, Likely Right Wing
- TV Ad Encourages German Women to Wear Hijabs