In the wake of a series of New Year’s Eve sexual assaults in Germany, right-wing Dutch politician Geert Wilders on Monday called for all Muslim male refugees to be locked up in asylum centers, saying women needed to be protected.
Speaking in a new video for his Freedom Party (PVV), Wilders condemned the attacks in Cologne, Germany, in which hundreds of women were groped and robbed by a mob of mostly Arab and North African men.
He called the attacks “sexual terrorism, sexual jihad,” and repeated calls for the Netherlands to close its borders to all “asylum-seekers from Islamic countries.”
“But as long as this doesn’t happen, as long as our women are in danger from the Islamic testosterone bombs, I propose that we lock the male asylum seekers up in the asylum centers,” he said.
The Netherlands took in a record number of asylum-seekers last year, receiving more than 54,000 by the end of November.
Wilders’ views have already sparked controversy. He was charged with inciting racial hatred after making a campaign pledge to ensure there will be “fewer Moroccans” in the country.
His party, the PVV, is planning to hand out fake pepper spray to women at a political rally this weekend. Carrying pepper spray is illegal in the Netherlands, but Wilders has said it should be legalized.
- Russia Accuses UK, Germany And France Of “Grossly Interfering” In The US Election
- Nigerian Air Force Mistakenly Bombs Refugee Camp, Killing 100+
- Trump Blasts Angela Merkel for “Catastrophic Mistake” of Admitting Millions of Migrants
- Italian Archbishop: Europe Will Soon Be Muslim Continent
- Muslims In Canada Say 9-Year-Old’s Are Adults And It’s Okay To Marry Them