It came down to the addition of a single word for the a tree lighting ceremony, but that word carried enough significance for borough Roselle Park Councilwoman Charlene Storey to resign.
Minutes after the council voted 4-2 Thursday night to change the name of the ceremony from A Tree Lighting to A Christmas Tree Lighting, the councilwoman-at-large, left the meeting. She later submitted her letter of resignation with the municipal clerk’s office.
“I cannot in good conscience continue to be part of a council that is exclusionary or to work with a Mayor who is such,” Storey said in her letter.
When reached today, Storey said she regretted having to resign, but said the change “cuts non-Christians out of the loop and favors one religion.”
- THE PEOPLE Demand Jared Kushner to be Fired, Trump Will Fire Bannon Instead
- Steve Bannon threatens to Quit after being demoted by Trump
- "Trump Didn't Win The Election" he stole it - DNC chair
- Prof Who Wants to End White Race Says He Wants to Vomit When People Respect Military
- AG Sessions Asks 46 Obama-Era U.S. Attorneys to Resign