The Pentagon expressed concerns in connection with naval drills of the People’s Republic of China, in which a Chinese submarine “destroys” a US aircraft carrier.
The drills took place in the South China Sea – a disputed territory for China, Vietnam, the Philippines, as well as for the United States.
Earlier, spokespeople for the Foreign Ministry of China stated that any entrance into the disputed area without the consent from Beijing was fraught with an armed conflict.
According to The Washington Free Beacon, a Chinese submarine simulated a missile attack on the USS Ronald Reagan that patrols the territory of the disputed waters.
Pentagon officials claimed that such drills were contrary to the provisions of the Code for Unplanned Encounters at Sea, approved in 2014.
- Obama Lauds Fidel Castro Gets Media Praise, Trump Called by Taiwan Gets Slammed
- Trump Ignores Chinese Communist Threats, Re-establishes Ties with Taiwan
- Obama Mocked Trump Plan to Keep Carrier Jobs in USA
- Farage to meet Trump camp again as he plans ‘permanent move’ to US
- Ford Cancels Factory Move to Mexico, Apple to Make iPhones in USA Thanks to Trump