A teacher has been attacked at a nursery school in Paris by a hooded knife-wielding man claiming links to Islamic State.
The 45-year-old male victim was alone in his classroom at the kindergarten in the northern suburb of Aubervilliers, when the armed assailant burst in at around 7.30am local time.
According to the prosecutor, prior to launching the attack, the man using another name for Islamic State told the victim: “This is Daesh, it’s a warning.”
The teacher is reported to have been stabbed in the side and throat.
He was taken to hospital but his injuries are not understood to be life-threatening.
- Defiant Muslims block traffic, pray in street of Paris shouting Allahu Akbar
- London Mayor says Terrorism is "Part & Parcel" of Living in a Big City
- French Presidential Race: Marine Le Pen Far Ahead of Rivals in Secret Polling
- Le Pen Niece to Erdogan: Turks Belong in Turkey
- Muslim shot dead after trying to Steal Weapon from Soldier at Paris Orly Airport