Enough is enough! It seems the French are fed up with their government’s policy, that’s why France’s right-wing, anti-immigration, eurosceptic National Front party came out on top in six of 13 regions in the first round of the regional elections.
The victory, described as a “historical breakthrough” by French and foreign political experts alike.
While analysts are divided over the consequences of the right-wing eurosceptic party’s victory, they seem to be in agreement over the causes: many voters are simply fed up with the ruling Socialists, and with the political establishment as a whole.
“The French people today believe that their country has become ‘permeable’ – that it no longer protects them as they would like,” Christian Hutin, a National Assembly MP and member of the leftist-Gaullist Citizen and Republic Movement, told Sputnik.
- Defiant Muslims block traffic, pray in street of Paris shouting Allahu Akbar
- French Presidential Race: Marine Le Pen Far Ahead of Rivals in Secret Polling
- Scientists reveal MILK as being Racist and Trump is to Blame
- Le Pen Niece to Erdogan: Turks Belong in Turkey
- Muslim shot dead after trying to Steal Weapon from Soldier at Paris Orly Airport