Republican Presidential Frontrunner Donald Trump on Monday said all Muslims should be prohibited from entering the United States until Congress can take action.
In a statement issued to the press by his campaign, Trump called for “a total… shutdown of Muslims entering the US until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.”
The statement said polling data shows that “large segments of the Muslim population” hate Americans, which creates a risk for more attacks by extremists on US soil.
“Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension,” Trump said in the statement.
“Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life.”
Trump’s comments come after the FBI said both assailants who fatally shot 14 people last week in an attack in San Bernadino, California, had been radicalized Islamists.
Last month, Trump seemed to indicate that he was in favor of implementing a database for tracking Muslims in America. He later backed away from the idea after drawing harsh criticism from Democrats and Republicans alike. Despite Trump’s backing down of his comments, second Republican in the lead, Ben Carson did not back down on his anti-Muslim comments.
- Peaceful Hillary Supporter Destroys Hollywood Trump Star
- Media denies Bias but new study shows 91% of Trump Coverage on Nets HOSTILE
- Michael Moore Endorses Donald Trump, Visits Wikileaks Julian Assange
- Newt Gingrich Video Destroying Feminazi Megyn Kelly Goes Viral
- Clinton is now leading Trump by 27%, Total Proof Photos, Huge Crowds