Hillary Clinton still won’t say whether she takes any responsibility for the chaos that’s consumed Libya since she pushed for the U.S. to invade it in 2011 and topple Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi.
“Secretary Clinton, Libya is falling apart,” ABC’s Martha Raddatz noted Saturday during the third Democratic debate.
“You advocated for that 2011 intervention and called it smart power at its best. Even President Obama said the U.S. should done more to fill the leadership vacuum left behind. How much responsibility do you bear for the chaos that followed elections?” Raddatz asked the leading Democratic presidential hopeful.
“Well first, let’s remember why we became part of a coalition to stop Gaddafi from committing massacres against his people … the U.S. was asked to support the European and the Arab partners that we had and we did a lot of due diligence about whether we should or not. Eventually, I recommended, and the president decided, that we would support the action to protect civilians on the ground, and that led to the overthrow of Gaddafi,” Clinton responded.
- Media Refused to Report on Podesta Wikileaks But Reports Non-Stop on Mike Flynn
- Where is Trump? America Needs Martial Law NOW!
- Rasmussen Poll: 57% of Americans Support Trump's Muslim Ban
- House Oversight Committee to Reopen FBI investigation on Hillary Clinton
- Trump to Launch Investigation Into Voter Fraud