Metrojet Flight 9268 was most likely taken down by an ISIS bomb, according to an official quoted by CNN today.
“There is a definite feeling it was an explosive device planted in luggage or somewhere on the plane,” the official said.
He added that U.S. intelligence has yet to reach a formal conclusion on the crash.
Although the U.S. did not have credible or verified intelligence of a specific threat before the crash, the official said “there had been additional activity in Sinai that had caught our attention.”
The news on the intelligence analysis follows a statement by the office of British Prime Minister David Cameron saying a bomb may have caused the crash on Saturday that killed 224 people.
- Orlando Gay Club Terrorist's Wife Arrested
- Russia Invites Trump to Upcoming Syrian Peace Talks
- Guccifer 2.0 accuses US of "falsifying evidence" denies Russian links
- Russia is Worried "US tanks and soldiers in Poland pose threat"
- Anonymous activist deconstructs ODNI report on ‘Russia hackers’