Metrojet Flight 9268 was most likely taken down by an ISIS bomb, according to an official quoted by CNN today.
“There is a definite feeling it was an explosive device planted in luggage or somewhere on the plane,” the official said.
He added that U.S. intelligence has yet to reach a formal conclusion on the crash.
Although the U.S. did not have credible or verified intelligence of a specific threat before the crash, the official said “there had been additional activity in Sinai that had caught our attention.”
The news on the intelligence analysis follows a statement by the office of British Prime Minister David Cameron saying a bomb may have caused the crash on Saturday that killed 224 people.
- ISIS bombed Russia's FSB headquarters, not neo-nazis as initially claimed
- MOAB Bombing of Afghanistan Successful, 92 ISIS Fighters Dead
- 241% Decrease in Invader Apprehensions at US-Mexico Border
- New Korean War may break out at any moment: Chinese FM
- Wikileaks: Hillary Clinton Told Al Qaeda Is On Our Side