More than 100 world leaders will attend the upcoming U.N. climate conference in Paris, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, France’s foreign minister said Sunday during a three-day ministerial meeting in the capital to prepare the negotiations.
Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said that Putin has accepted an invitation to attend the conference in Paris. He will be among the speakers on the conference’s first day, along with President Barack Obama and the leaders of India and China.
The Kremlin hasn’t confirmed Putin’s participation at the so-called COP 21 talks, which aim to reach the most ambitious accord to date limiting emissions that cause global warming.
- China Threatens US Bomber Flying Near South Korea
- Provision to Crack Down on Illegal Aliens Removed from Trump's Healthcare
- French Presidential Race: Marine Le Pen Far Ahead of Rivals in Secret Polling
- Le Pen Niece to Erdogan: Turks Belong in Turkey
- Muslim shot dead after trying to Steal Weapon from Soldier at Paris Orly Airport